The chair of the judges for the BALI National Landscape Awards has hailed this year's entries for their "exceptional quality" following the completion of the adjudication process this month.
Greg Allen, a senior lecturer in landscape studies at Writtle College, who led the judging panel again this year for the awards, which are run in association with Horticulture Week, described this year's entries as "a real celebration of the very best in UK and international landscape design, construction and maintenance".
Forty members of BALI have been named as winners in this year's awards, for which Rigby Taylor is headline sponsor.
The names of the principal winners for each of the 2012 awards categories, the winners of the design and build, newcomer to BALI and employer of the year awards, as well as the winner of the coveted Grand Award for 2012, will be revealed at a glittering awards ceremony due to take place at London's Grosvenor House, Park Lane, on 7 December.
The BALI National Landscape Awards are now in their 36th year and this year coincide with BALI's 40th anniversary. To book your place at the awards, see www.baliawards.co.uk.
Alternatively, call Steven Lewis on 020 8267 4042 or email him at email@example.com.
BALI National Landscape Awards 2012 - The winners so far
- Domestic Garden Construction - construction cost under £30k
- Domestic Garden Construction - construction cost between £30k and £60k (sponsor: Cuprinol Trade)
Water Gems (Alba), Endrick Landscapes
- Domestic Garden Construction - construction cost between £60k and £100k (sponsor: Johnsons of Whixley)
Grace Landscapes, J&S Scapes, Bartholomew Landscaping
- Domestic Garden Construction - construction cost between £100k and £250k (sponsor: Palmstead)
Landscape Associates, Bartholomew Landscaping, The Garden Company, Robert Field Landscapes, Tranquil Earth, Gavin Jones, Bartholomew Landscaping
- Domestic Garden Construction - construction cost over £250 (sponsor: Euro Plants UK)
Kings Landscapes (Milton Keynes), Bowles & Wyer, Graduate Gardeners, Creative Landscape Company
- Soft Landscaping - construction cost under £300k (sponsor: Bourne Amenity)
Endrick Landscapes, Souters Sports, Goddards (Landscape Contractors)
- Soft Landscaping - construction cost between £300,000 and £1.5m (sponsor: British Sugar Topsoil)
- Soft Landscaping - construction cost over £1.5m (sponsor: Green-tech)
Joint submission from Frosts Landscape Construction, Gavin Jones, White Horse Contractors and Willerby Landscapes
- Hard Landscaping - construction cost under £300,000 (sponsor: Natural Paving Products)
Country Grounds Maintenance
- Hard Landscaping - construction cost between £300,000 and £1.5m (sponsor: Quinton Edwards)
Land Engineering (Scotland), Kings Landscapes (Milton Keynes), Frosts Landscape Construction, Blakedown Landscapes (Operations), Horticon Landscape Management Services
- Hard Landscaping - construction cost over £1.5m (sponsor: Willerby Landscapes)
Land Engineering (Scotland), Frosts Landscape Construction, The Landscape Group, FM Conway
- Community and Schools Development
Blakedown Landscapes (Operations), Bartholomew Landscaping, Thompson Estate Maintenance
- Restoration and Regeneration Scheme (sponsor: Top Green)
Ground Control, Horticon, P Casey (Land Reclamation), The Landscape Group, Country Grounds Maintenance
- International Award (sponsor: CED)
Beijing Tsinghua Urban Planning & Design Institute, Bowles & Wyer, Atelier DYJG
- Grounds Maintenance of Public Grounds (free public access) (sponsor: Kubota)
Veolia Environmental Services, Nurture Landscapes
- Grounds Maintenance of Business and Private Grounds (limited public access) (sponsor: Ransomes Jacobsen)
Integritas Landscapes, Nurture Landscapes, Gavin Jones, Bartholomew Landscaping
- Design Excellence Award - overall project cost over £50k (sponsor: Readyhedge)
Thomas Hoblyn, Janine Pattison, John Nash
- Interior Landscape: Maintenance Only
Planters Horticulture, Indoor Garden Design
- Green Roof Installations & Roof Gardens (sponsor: Boughton Loam & Turf Management)
Bartholomew Landscaping, Frosts Landscape Construction, Gavin Jones
- Affiliate Exceptional Service Award
Green-tech, Melcourt Industries, British Sugar Topsoil, Natural Paving Products UK, Penarth Management
- Best Innovation/Technology used in a landscape scheme (sponsor: Great Wall Motor Co)
Willerby Landscapes, Bartholomew Landscaping.