The 2018 Horticulture Week Business Awards honouring outstanding business achievement across all areas of commercial horticulture are now open for entry.
The 2018 Awards scheme, the leading awards programme for the commercial horticulture industry, builds on Horticulture Week’s long-standing and well-regarded Garden Retail and UK Grower Awards programmes, enabling even more commercial operators in the industry to enjoy the many benefits of taking part.
Designed to encourage, support and broadcast excellence across all areas of the commercial industry, the 2018 Horticulture Week Business Awards categories celebrate outstanding achievement in garden retail, ornamental and edible crop production, arboriculture and more.
The Awards team are seeking submissions across 33 categories in total. For the production sector these include awards for the best growers of nursery stock, protected ornamentals, fruit, vegetables and specialist crops. For the garden retail industry categories include awards for the best garden retail outlets, new business developments and key services. For environmental service businesses, new categories this year include awards for the best arboriculture operators and place-makers.
Finally, the 2018 scheme’s categories include a brand new suite of business-focused categories open to all commercial horticulture businesses and which celebrate outstanding achievement in areas such as growth, sustainability and innovation.
The benefits of taking part in this year’s business-focused Awards are now better than ever with new opportunities for Horticulture Week Business Award winners to join the inaugural Horticulture Week Business Leaders’ Board, take part in exclusive Business Leaders’ Round Tables throughout the year, enjoy a place in our online Business Leaders’ Gallery and a profile in the Horticulture Week Business Leaders’ Directory.
But even just the act of entering your business for a top award can bring valuable benefits — including a boost to the morale and productivity of your teams. What better way is there to show you regard the efforts, and success of your staff as on a par with the very best in the industry?
Meanwhile if you have launched a new product range or service – this is the perfect opportunity to highlight your innovation by submitting your new products or services for review by the awards judges — all respected experts within the industry.
Finally the process of putting an entry together brings benefits too: when else will you make the time to reflect on your successes, highlight the impact you’ve had on customers, showcase the client testimonials you’ve received, and convey your skill at tackling challenges?
Entrants can benefit from a discounted entry price if they submit their entries by February 22nd. Entries will be judged this year by an expanded panel of independent experts drawn from across all areas of commercial horticulture.
In evaluating submissions, the judging panel will be looking for evidence of achievement that matches the category criteria: details of category criteria can be found on the Awards website.
Winners will be announced and presented on 28th June at the Horticulture Week Business Awards Reception and Dinner to be held at the Marriot in London's Grosvenor and which promises to be the biggest and most comprehensive gathering and celebration of the UK commercial horticulture industry.
Early Bird Deadline is 22 February.
For full details of categories and how to enter, please go to:
Eight great reasons to enter
Winning a national Horticulture Week Business Award will provide you with:
1. A powerful selling point for your business, helping you to market to potential customers as best in class.
2. Industry recognition for your teams, providing you with a powerful staff motivational tool.
3. Membership of HW’s Business Leaders’ Board, made up of winners of HW Business Awards, providing you with an exclusive opportunity to participate in HW Business Leaders’ Round Tables throughout the year.
4. A permanent place in Horticulture Week’s Business Leaders’ Gallery online, ensuring lasting recognition for your achievements.
5. Multiple opportunities throughout the year to share your achievements on Horticulture Week’s print and digital platforms, enabling you to highlight your strengths to customers and peers.
6. Profile in Horticulture Week Business Leaders’ Directory, further enhancing your distinction as best in class and providing further opportunities to highlight your achievements
7. The opportunity to take part in the leading national awards event for the UK horticulture industry, where you will benefit from networking with the leading businesses in the industry.
8. An invitation to join the Horticulture Week judging panel for next year’s awards.
Garden Retail Categories
- Garden centre outlet of the year (small-to-medium) |
- Garden centre outlet of the year (large)
- Garden centre outlet of the year (destination)
- Multiple garden retailer of the year
- Garden Product Innovation
- Best Garden Retail Event
- Community Engagement Award
- Best business refurbishment, refit or extension (multiple site operator)
- Best business refurbishment, refit or extension (single site operator)
- Catering excellence award
- Service Excellence Award
- Retail sales team of the year Production/Grower Categories
- Wholesales nursery stock grower of the year
- Wholesale protected ornamentals grower of the year
- Specialist grower of the year — ornamentals
- Retail nursery of the year
- Best new ornamental plant variety (hardy nursery stock, herbacious perennial, bedding/pot plant)
- Top fruit grower of the year (apples, pears, stone fruit)
- Soft fruit grower of the year (berries, bush fruit)
- Specialist grower of the year (cider apples, vines etc)
- Salad or vegetable grower of the year
- Best new edible crop variety (fruit, vegetable, salad)
NEW Environment Business Categories
- Arboriculture consultant of the year
- Arboriculture contractor of the year
- Placemaker of the year NEW General business categories
NEW General Business Categories
- Best sales or marketing initiative or campaign
- Business Innovation of the Year
- Consultant of the year
- Sustainable business of the year
- High growth business of the year
- New business of the year
- Employer of the year
- HW Most admired business leader Award
Sponsors & partners
Become a Horticulture Week Business Awards Sponsor
The Horticulture Week Business Awards offers businesses multiple opportunities to engage with the professionals most important to them — not just on the day of the event but throughout the year. To hear more about the exciting opportunities on offer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.