The operation which provides family day out experiences (including National Trust days out, hotel and spa breaks, cookery and dining experiences and adventure days) have begun showcasing their experience days in garden centres.
Customers can buy a day out by taking one of the experience boxes from the stand and paying for them at the site tills where they will be given a gift receipt. Inside the box is a choice voucher card which the customer completes and sends in to Virgin Experience Days, together with their gift receipt, to activate their experience.
They’ll then be sent a gift pack containing all the information they need to book their experience direct with the supplier of the chosen activity. The host garden centre retains a commission for each sale processed and the display stand and stock is installed into the garden centre free of charge.
First Franchise MD Keith McIntyre said: "Virgin Experience Days offer a unique gift experience and are a perfect match for the family orientated shopper that regularly visits garden centres. A brand like Virgin Experience Days installing into garden centres shows its emergence as a retail sector and highlights the interest from new customers which we are currently experiencing."
The full list of garden centres included within the first roll out batch are:
- Bicester Avenue Home & Garden Centre
- Brighton Garden Centre
- Bridgemere Nursery & Garden World
- (Blooms) Gloucester Garden Centre
- (Peter Barratt’s) Gosforth Garden Centre
- Hare Hatch Garden Centre
- Harlestone Heath Garden Centre
- Heighley Gate Nursery & Garden Centre
- Hereford Garden Centre
- Jacks Patch Nursery & Garden Centre
- Northampton Garden Centre
- Old Barn Nursery and Garden Centre
- (Blooms) Rugby Garden Centre
- (Peter Barratt’s) Stockton Garden Centre
- Syon Park Garden Centre
- Tunbridge Wells Garden Centre
- Windsor Garden Centre
- Woodbridge Garden Centre
- Woodlands Nurseries
- Worlds End Garden Centre