US company Justforplants.com has launched new software aimed at enabling garden centres and growers to get online with "high tech, professional sites".
The company says the software has the tools to build and manage a website using a garden centre's internet browser on any computer.
The software's features include:
- Build-your-own online plant catalogue
- Web-ready plant libraries including photos and data
- Completely customisable design templates
- Landscape gallery/portfolio
- Email address collecting
- Newsletter sending
- Content management system (CMS) for informational gardening articles
- CMS for all other informational pages
- Integration with Google Maps
- Search engine-friendly site structure with custom meta tags available
- Internal site search
- Free online step-by-step video tutorials
Founder Lelah Cole said: "Our software is perfect for small and medium-sized garden centres and specialty nurseries, but offers the tools and functionality you might find on the website of a large-scale operation at a much more affordable price. It enables these businesses to better promote their plants and services, and helps new customers find them."
Cole added that while the software was designed in the USA, the pricing component of the online plant catalogue has been designed to print in dollars or pounds.
http://www.haysubs.com/hwgrt9>Subscribe to Horticulture Week for more news, more in-depth features and more technical and market info.