Southern Green - based in Gateshead - has been appointed as landscape design consultant for Stewart Park.
Middlesbrough Borough Council received five offers for the role of landscape design lead consultant on the project to revamp the park.
The 120-acre (49ha) Stewart Park contains the site of the birthplace of Captain James Cook.
Middlesbrough Council is looking at how to improve Stewart Park.
Community consultations have already raised the following ideas:
- A conservatory containing the botanical discoveries from Captain Cook's voyages.
- A play area themed on Captain Cook.
- Restoring the historic landscape, including making the lake bigger.
- Planting new trees and shrubs throughout the park.
- Building new toilets and a new park ranger base.
- Victorian walled gardens open to the public.
- New footpaths, seating and CCTV.