The award is voted for by members of the Garden Centre Association.
Also creating a stir on the Gima Awards 2010 night was Scotts Miracle-Gro Patch Magic, which won best garden care product, best point of sale material, and the GIMA Sword of Excellence for best overall new product of the year.
The GIMA Award for Marketing Excellence was shared by Unwins Seeds and the Miracle-Gro Patch Magic Shaker Jar.
BBC Gardeners’ World presenter Joe Swift presented the awards to garden industry guests. GIMA president Spencer Goodall welcomed guests.
New products of the year
- Garden Care – Scotts Miracle-Gro Patch Magic
- Equipment & Sundries – Smart Sola Utility Light
- Tools & Implements – Cuprinol Powerpad
- Outdoor Leisure - Solus Camelot Director and Deck chairs
- Garden Machinery (sponsored by BAGMA) Hozelock Pressure Washer
- Growing Products Suttons Consumer Products Grafted Vegetables
- Garden Landscaping – M&M Timber Premium Poultry Arc
- Garden Retail Related Products – Hug Rug eco friendly barrier mat
- Pet Care, Aquatics and Wild Bird Care – MiniBUG, Wildlife World
- Environment Awards – Hug Rug eco friendly barrier mat
- Best Supplier’s Information (non transactional) website – Vital Earth
- Best Point of Sale material – Scotts Miracle-Gro Patch Magic POS
- Best Consumer Product Packaging – Patch Magic Golden Shaker Jar
- Best Consumer Marketing – Unwins Seeds radio advert
Special Achievement Awards
- Gardenex – Export Achievement Award - HugRug eco friendly barrier mat
- GCA – Supplier of the year Awards – Solus Garden & Leisure
- GIMA Award for Marketing Excellence – Westland Unwins Seeds and Scotts Miracle Gro Patch Magic Shaker
- GIMA Sword of Excellence – Scotts Miracle Gro Patch Magic