Sign up now to Horticulture Week’s campaign, Beyond 2012: Greening the Olympics
On 24th November Horticulture Week launched a campaign which seeks to ensure that the London Olympics should be a showcase for horticulture that leaves a lasting green legacy for the people of Britain.
To achieve this objective, the campaign has the following aims:
1. To win recognition that UK horticulture should have a significant role due both to its expertise and the environmental efficiencies of using local produce.
2. To ensure contribution from UK horticulture at all levels from supply of products to the design and execution of landscaping projects.
3. To ensure that the Olympic Development Authority recognises the importance of horticulture through the appointment of a director of horticulture (a key, central figure to co-ordinate and ensure quality and high standards of landscaping).
4. To encourage the use of a partnership model in the delivery of landscaping to promote best practice.
5. To ensure that the sporting legacy of the Olympics includes a strategy for the role of parks.
Your support counts
If you agree with the objectives of our campaign, fax your name and comments to Louisa Woodruff on 020 8 267 4987 or email Louisa on: email@example.com
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins
Sign up now