The finalists were selected from around 70 new introductions exhibited at Chelsea this year.
Dibley's Nurseries was selected as overall winner the with Streptocarpus ‘Harlequin Blue' at the inaugural awards last year.
The shortlisted plants are:
- Anemone 'Wild Swan' - Hardy's Cottage Garden Plants
- Begonia Apricot Fragrant Falls - Class Gardens
- Brachyscome 'Magenta Delight' - Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Heucherella 'Brass Lantern' - Plantagogo.com
- Heucherella 'Solar Power' - Plantagogo.com
- Hydrangea macrophylla Avantgarde ('Hedi') - Class Gardens
- Lewisia 'Little Mango' - D'Arcy & Everest
- Lilium 'Firebolt' - HW Hyde
- Lilium 'Julie Fowlis' - HW Hyde
- Lilium 'Lankon' - HW Hyde
- Lobelia erinus Waterfall Blue Ice (Waterfall Series) - Class Gardens
- Nepenthes 'Princess' - Borneo Exotics
- Petunia Black Velvet ('Balpevac') - Class Gardens
- Rhododendron 'Rabatz' - Millais Nurseries
- Sarracenia 'Johnny Marr' - Hampshire Carnivorous Plants
- Saxifraga 'Anneka Hope' - Kevock Garden Plants
- Streptocarpus 'Sioned' - Dibley's Nurseries
- Uncinia rubra 'Belinda's Find' - John Woods Nurseries
- Verbascum 'Blue Lagoon' - The British Plant Nursery Guide
- Phalaenopsis Ming - Hsing Eagle - Taiwan Orchid Association
The results of the competition will be announced on Tuesday 24 May at 10.30am.
For more details, pictures and comment see Horticulture Week 27 May.