Rules for posting and frequently asked questions about the forums
- What are the forum rules?
- How do I link to other sites?
- How do I post messages?
- How do I reply to messages?
- What can I do about offensive messages or members?
We want Horticulture Week to be a friendly and welcoming environment. Here are a few pointers.
- Welcome new readers
- Share your thoughts and tips
- Comment on our news stories
- Stay on topic as far as possible
- Click the "Report this post" links if you see something offensive
- Tell your friends and colleagues about the Horticulture Week forums. The more the merrier!
- Post abusive, defamatory or obsene material or links to such sites
- Post phone numbers or email addresses for yourself or others
- Spam our forums or make posts that are purely self-promotion
- Rely on the accuracy of other readers' posts. If in doubt seek professional advice
By signing up to the Horticulture Week web site you have agreed to our full terms and conditions here.
We reserve the right to check your messages and close your account if we feel you're wrecking things for other users.
How do I link to other sites?
To link to another site within your message, first type something to describe the site you're linking to. Next, mark the text with your mouse and you'll see the link icon (the chain) light up.
Click the icon and a new window will appear. Enter a web address in the 'link URL' box and hit 'Insert'. You can also enter a 'title' too although this is optional.
When you've finished typing your message, click 'Post reply' and you'll get a confirmation message to show that your post has been added.
You need to be registered on the Horticulture Week web site to post messages. Sign up free here!
Once you've signed up, click around the Forums to see if there is already a discussion going on a topic that interests you. Join in the conversation if you have something to say.
If you want to start a discussion about a new topic, click the 'Create new topic' link that you will see at the top left of every topic. Just click on it and enter a title and your message. Click 'Submit post' when you're done and you'll get a confirmation message that your post has been added.
You need to be registered on the Horticulture Week web site to reply to messages. Sign up free here!
Once you've signed up, just click "Post reply" on any message and enter a title and your message. Click 'Post reply' when you're done and you'll get a confirmation message to show that your post has been added.
We want Horticulture Week to be a friendly and welcoming environment. Every member has to agree to a few do's and don'ts and the terms and conditions when they sign up.
If you are offended by a post by another member, please click the 'Report this post' link and share your concerns. Don't worry about 'telling tales' on a fellow site user as your details will be kept strictly anonymous.
Give us a brief explanation of the problem and we will take any necessary action as soon as possible.
During the week, we aim to respond to messages within a couple of hours. At weekends you may have to wait till Monday for a response.
OUTDOOR PLANT AREA MANAGER
The Chelsea Gardener London (Greater)
Horticultural Trainees (4 salaried Training Placements) for college graduates and new entrants
The MacRobert Trust Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
The Property Management Company Ascot and surrounding areas
Heaton Holdings Ltd Purbrook Heath, Waterlooville
Royal Holloway, University of London London (Central), London (Greater)
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Hilton Coylumbridge, Aviemore
- The Gates Hotel Diagonal Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain