Five new concepts have been developed to boost the Potato Council's One Voice campaign, which was launched in 2013 to increase consumers’ recognition of the benefits of potatoes.
Each message has been uniquely designed and is available to view at www.potato.org.uk/promotion/one-voice/vote.
The most popular message will be used across a range of promotional material for industry to use including car stickers, posters - and new for 2015 - farm banners.
Nick White, Potato Council head of marketing and corporate affairs, said: "Industry input into the look and feel of the material we produce is just as important as sharing it, which is why we are asking for feedback on what our key message should be. After all, by playing an active role in deciding its focus, we hope industry will feel more involved and committed to supporting the One Voice campaign. So please, have your say - make sure you vote for your favourite concept today."
All of the shortlisted messages have been developed using detailed research to identify phrases and language that resonate with consumers.
The five messages are:
- Potatoes…just cook – Nature’s done the hard work, no need to peel and rinse, just cook
- Potatoes…nature’s done the hard work! Just cook – no need to peel or rinse
- Potatoes: not just tasty….naturally salt free, fat free and low in sugar too
- An average baked potato has more potassium than three bananas
- Potatoes: fat free, saturated fat free, salt free, low in sugar, a source of fibre and potassium
To vote, visit www.potato.org.uk/promotion/one-voice/vote and click on the preferred concept.