Plant suppliers appointed as stockists for Welsh councils

A range of suppliers have been chosen as preferred stockists to 16 local authorities in Wales.

Boverton Nurseries, Lubbe and Sons, The Willows Garden Centre, J Coles and Sons, Hillier Nurseries and Mahood Brothers were all chosen by the Vale of Glamorgan Council, which tendered a supply contract on behalf of The Welsh Purchasing Consortium.

The consortium set up a framework for the geographical area covered by its members, which stretches across the whole of south Wales, and includes Wales' biggest county, Powys.

Mahood Brothers managing director Peter Herbert said he hoped to see the first orders in the autumn, but had no guarantee the councils would buy anything.

"This kind of arrangement is unusual but it makes it easier, especially for the smaller local authorities," he said.

In making its decision, the awarding authority put 60 per cent of the weighting on quality, with price the remaining 40 per cent.


Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in
Follow us on:
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • Google +
Horticulture Jobs
More Horticulture Jobs

Are you a landscape supplier?

Horticulture Week Landscape Project Leads

If so, you should be receiving our new service for Horticulture Week subscribers delivering landscape project leads from live, approved, planning applications across the UK.