The Plant Publicity Holland promotion recommends displaying them in groups of three to five plants to maximise sales and offer customers winter blooms planting schemes.
Top tips to give customers include:
- Plants of the woodland margin like both sun and shade.
- Suggesting planting near trees or taller plants, in a woodland setting of mixed shrub border.
- Cope with a range of soils, but prefer moist, fertile, humus-rich soils.
- Will get off to a flying start if soil is improved when planting with leaf mould or compost.
Plant Publicity Holland's list of classic hellebores to promote includes:
- Helleborus niger ‘Potter’s Wheel’
- Helleborus x ballardiae ‘December Dawn’
- Helleborus foetidus
- Helleborus foetidus ‘Miss Jekyll’
- Helleborus hybridus ‘Peggy Ballard’
For free POS and more information, visit www.colour-your-life.co.uk.
Subscribe to Horticulture Week for more news, more in-depth features and more technical and market info.