De Jager owner George Clowes said average prices would fall 17.5% because of changes of supplier: "We always endeavour to get the best bulbs at the best prices for our customers and when an opportunity arose for our lily collection to be bought at keener prices we jumped at the opportunity and are pleased to pass those savings on without compromising quality."
The new catalogue contains 365 summer flowering bulbs, including 73 varieties which are either new or re-introductions. De Jager prides itself on sourcing a wide range of interesting and unusual bulbs for its customers.
Next year sees the launch of the new de Jager tulip festivals at 6 historic properties across England and Ireland:
- Alnwick Garden - Saturday 10th April through to Thursday 15th April;
- Chatsworth - Saturday 1st May to Thursday 6th May;
- Leeds Castle - Tuesday 20th April to Tuesday 27th April;
- Powerscourt, Ireland - Wednesday 14th April to Sunday 18th April;
- Lost Gardens of Heligan - Monday 26th April to Monday 3rd May and
- Waddesdon Manor - Thursday 1st April to Friday 30th April.
De Jager is also continuing to raise funds for Breast Cancer Campaign from the sale of a branded Pink Bulb Range.
Subscribe to Horticulture Week for more news, more in-depth features and more technical and market info.