North Somerset Council tenders for grounds and tree maintenance services

North Somerset Council is offering two maintenance contracts worth up to £25 million over 14 years.

The council has budgeted £1.8m a year over the seven-year lifetime of the contract, with a potential seven-year extension. A street cleaning contract is worth 60% of that amount while a ground and tree maintenance contact takes up the remaining 40%.

The grounds and tree maintenance contract covers around 1,100 landscape areas and includes grass cutting, hedge and shrub bed maintenance, conservation management, play area inspections, minor infrastructure repairs and maintenance and an arboricultural service. The contract has a resource-based structure.

The street cleansing contract covers approximately 1,150 km of highways. Operations including street cleansing, beach cleansing, weed control and fly tipping operations. The contract structure here is primarily schedule of works with some resource-based provision.

The contracts are due to start on 1 April 2020 and the deadline for applicants is 28 June 2019. For documents and to bid visit the Supplying the South West portal. Contact Geoff Wall with any queries on 01275884730 or geoff.wall@n-somerset.gov.uk.

WANT TO SEE MORE TENDERS? To search for tenders by region or sector go to our TENDERS TRACKER PAGE


Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Read These Next

Horticulture Week Custodian Award - Horticulture Week Custodian Award

Horticulture Week Custodian Award - Horticulture Week Custodian Award

Winner - David Richardson, DIrector of Horticulture, Commonwealth War Graves Commission

Horticulture Week Custodian Award - Best Garden Restoration Project

Horticulture Week Custodian Award - Best Garden Restoration Project

Winner - Mount Grace Priory, English Heritage for New arts and crafts garden

Horticulture Week Custodian Award - Best Garden or Arboretum (1-5 staff)

Horticulture Week Custodian Award - Best Garden or Arboretum (1-5 staff)

Winner - Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens


Follow us on:
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • Google +

Parks & Gardens Live

Product showcase, kit demos, expert workshops and careers advice all on the schedule for gardens teams, parks managers and landscape maintenance professionals at Parks & Gardens Live 2019.

HW Custodian Awards

Horticulture Jobs
More Horticulture Jobs

Products & Kit Resources

HORTICULTURE WEEK Custodian Awards

Find out more about the outstanding parks, gardens and arboricultural projects and teams that became our Custodian Award 2019 winners.