A new bio-fungicide for fruit and vegetables from Israel's Stockton Group was among the winners at the Agrow Awards in the Netherlands earlier this week.
Derived from the same plant that yields tea tree oil, Timorex Gold is a broad-spectrum control against powdery and downy mildews, rust and blights.
With a multi-site action, it works both preventatively and curatively without harming beneficial insects, and has no minimum residue level or harvest interval.
Other winners at the international crop protection event included:
- Best R&D Pipeline: DuPont Crop Protection
- Best Novel Agricultural Biotechnology: Morflora for TraitUP
- Best New Biopesticide: Stockton for Timorex Gold
- Best Formulation Innovation: Dow AgroSciences for Enlist Duo herbicide with Colex-D technology
- Best New Crop Protection Product or Trait: Bayer CropScience for Indaziflam
- Best Packaging Innovation: DuPont Crop Protection for Grower bag with PrecisionPac custom dispensing system
- Best Supplier: PI Industries
- Best Off-patent Pesticide Strategy: Indofil Industries for Mancozeb