First - the number of opportunities for producers of ornamental plants to pick up an award at the event of the year for the production horticulture sector have been expanded with three new categories:
- Best New Variety - Hardy Nursery Stock
- Best New Variety - Bedding & Pot Plant
- Best New Variety – Herbaceous Perennials
Second, thanks to the generous backing for the awards by Floramedia, successful entrants into any of these three new awards will receive between 10,000 and 15,000 complimentary Grower of the Year Awards 2012 Winner labels giving a welcome boost to promotion and marketing.
The deadline for entries to the awards which are supported by main event sponsors ASDA, HTA and NFU, is Thursday October 13th.
The full list of categories available for ornamentals specialists to enter is as follows:
• Best New Variety – Bedding & Pot Plants (sponsor Landgard)
• Best New Variety – Hardy Nursery Stock (sponsor Landgard)
• Best New Variety – Herbaceous Perennials (sponsor Landgard)
• Cut Flower Grower of the year
• Bedding and Pot Plant Grower of the year
• Nursery Stock Grower of the year
Other categories include new professional product or service of the year, young grower of the year (sponsor NFU), sales and marketing professional of the year (sponsor MorePeople) and the lifetime achievement award (sponsor ASDA).
To enter, either download, complete and return an entry form (by October 13th) from www.groweroftheyear.co.uk or contact event manager Kate Collins on 020 8267 8188 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions at all about the awards, please give Kate a call.