NCF should operate on two levels with the primary focus and main drive to be Strategic and a secondary focus to be Operational
NCF Strategic role
To be voice that can represent the sector at places that matter and recognises current and developing trends such as the emphasis on community engagement implicit in the notion of ‘Big Society’ ‘localism ‘ etc. and the impact such changes will have on the structure of contracts and delivery of service
- Nominate a Steering Group to develop the aims and objectives of the Forum and make arrangements for a formally constituted committee to be elected.
- The present administration will continue and will represent the Group at external meetings.
- Identify high level representative bodies where the Forum input might be a valuable contribution.
- Identify other professional/trade bodies and to open discussions as part of the continued search for potential partnering. Best fit solution.
- Respond to National consultations specific to or impacting upon the grounds maintenance sector.
The delivery of events, seminars, workshops etc. relevant to the topics and issues of interest to the Grounds Maintenance sector.
- Widen participation and understanding
- Develop a programme of open meetings, training days and seminars