MD Jonathan Tate said: "A big thank you to everyone who supported our launch weekend which was a resounding success. It was great to be able to meet customers old and new and show them what we have to offer.
"We have invested in a whole host of environmentally sound features, such as a super-insulated building, solar water heating and rainwater recovery."
Mayberry Garden Centre’s green attributes include:
- Argon filled glazing with specially designed automatic doors to minimise heat loss.
- Flooring suspended on carbon fibre pads with over 30cm thick insulation.
- Triple glazed low-e roof light with chemically treated heat reflection to minimise heat build up in summer and heat loss in winter.
- Roof is over 18" thick with hi tech insulated panels. Walls are hi-tech sealed insulated panels.
- Offices have heat recovery ventilation and sun pipes.
- Lighting is a combination of LED technology and low energy. Lower floor and staff areas use movement sensors to minimise energy consumption.
- Coffee shop uses solar panels to minimise energy use for washing up and hot water.
- The coffee shop floor is a hi-tech floating insulated floor to minimise heat loss.
- Plant pots & trays, plastics, polythene & cardboard are baled and recycled.
- Toilets and irrigation operates through a rainwater harvesting system that collects water from the buildings and stores in 60,000 litre tanks underground. Hand dryers uses a low energy cold air microjet system to cut energy by 80%.