The Institute of Chartered Foresters Best Student Award recognised the brightest students graduating with forestry and arboriculture degrees across the UK.
The five graduate winners were:
- Anthony Pigott from Bangor University
- Tom Popplewell from Myerscough College
- James Ramsey from the University of Aberdeen
- Andrew Turnbull from the University of Edinburgh
- Gareth Waters from the National School of Forestry in Cumbria
ICF executive director Shireen Chambers said: "The ICF strives to recognise excellence in forestry and arboriculture, not just from our chartered members but from anyone working towards a career in forestry or arboriculture.
"All five students have demonstrated that they have what it takes to be a chartered member of the institute; that is a focus on excellence. They should be very proud of what they have accomplished this far.
"ICF looks forward to supporting them as their careers develop along with other graduates working towards Chartered Forester status."
Subscribe to Horticulture Week for more news, more in-depth features and more technical and market info.