I am a head gardener at a large country estate with hotel, conference centre and golf course. The golf course has its own greenkeeper and makes some return on green fees.

Myself and two gardeners maintain the grounds — formal gardens, including large walled garden, informal areas, tennis courts, vista and woodland — totalling more than 20ha. Clearly, the hotel, conference centre and the catering department have an income, but I am now required to show a return on the grounds. Any ideas?

You must sign in to continue.

You can register for a 14 day free trial subscription, or Subscribe Now for full access. View subscription options.

Please enter your details

Forgotten Password?

Having trouble signing in?

Contact Customer Support at

or call 020 8267 8121, or refer to our answers to frequently asked questions.

Subscribe for full access

Direct Debit

Most people subscribe by direct debit.


Credit Card

Subscribe by credit card


or Register for a 14 day free trial subscription

Already subscribed but don't have a password?

Activate your web account here