The Garden Retail Awards 2013 have been launched with the call for the best garden centre - big or small, independent or nationwide - going out to enter by the 11 July deadline.
This year, the prestigious awards are run in association with the HTA. Director-general Carol Paris said: "The HTA is delighted to partner with Haymarket to support the Garden Retail Awards - a real highlight on the garden retail calendar.
"Team recognition is important to help you stand out from the rest and we will be working hard to ensure that HTA members really make the most of the opportunity that the awards present."
HTA representatives will be offering advice on how to enter to garden centre owners nationwide in the run-up to the entry deadline.
Event sponsors confirmed to date include MorePeople, Quinton Edwards, Sinclair, Solex and Town & Country.
The prizes will be handed out at a gala ceremony due to be held at Grosvenor House in Park Lane, London, on 5 November.
For details on entering the awards, email email@example.com. For sponsorship details, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For full details, see www.garden retailawards.com.
Garden Retail Awards - Six steps to entering
1. Complete the online entry form at www.gardenretail awards.com.
2. Provide a written submission detailing precisely what you have achieved, how you have achieved it and why your achievements are worthy of winning an award.
3. Select four photos to include with your submission.
4. Compile any supporting material - financial data, testimonials, brochures.
5. Include your payment for entry to the awards.
6. Submit your completed entry.
Award categories Prizes up for grabs range from best promotion to lifetime achievement
- Best Themed Promotion
- Best New Product
- Best Business Development: New Build, Refit or Launch
- Commitment to Customer Service
- Best Catering Facilities
- Best Wildlife or Pets Department
- Best Planteria
- Retail Outlet of the Year: Under £1m turnover
- Retail Outlet of the Year: £1m-£3m turnover
- Retail Outlet of the Year: Over £3m turnover
- Commitment to Staff - Development
- Community Involvement - Award
- Greenest Garden Centre
- Employee of the Year
- Sales Team of the Year
- Westland Star of the Future - Award
- Lifetime Achievement - Award