Kent County Council is seeking a contractor to carry out programmed and ad hoc tree maintenance works over a maximum eight-year period both on, and adjacent to the highway network, across the whole of the county (12 districts excluding Medway).
Tree maintenance lot includes:
- removal of potentially hazardous trees and branches on both public and private property
- removal of tree stumps and replacement tree planting.
- service is provided primarily through programmed maintenance work with flexibility for additional ad-hoc provision.
- additional provision for emergency tree clearance to supplement the primary 'Emergency Tree Works Contract' should extra resource be required during a declared emergency event.
Tree planting lot:
- tree planting within the highway environment including regulatory replacement tree planting, and scheme/grant led planting
- includes associated aftercare and young tree maintenance to ensure successful establishment.
- tree size for highway planting is 'heavy standard' nursery stock ranging from 12-16cm girth
- planting sites are a combination of both hard and soft surface environments.
The contract is scheduled to run from 1 September 2024 to 31 August 2032.
The deadline date for receipt of expressions of interest is 20 December 2023.
Keep up with all the latest arboricultural, landscape and other tenders and sign up for HW's Tenders Tracker Bulletin - exclusive to HW subscribers.
To find out more on this and all the latest horticultural tenders, go to Horticulture Week's TENDERS TRACKER LIVE TABLE.