After reaching more than one million readers in the first eight months if the year, October saw another 40% surge in engagement at hortweek.com, for which we would like to thank our loyal readers and writers. Readership numbers hit 240,000 in the month and newspapers including The Times, The Telegraph and the Mail picked up on Horticulture Week news stories.
Top 10 stories in October (click to access):
- Garden centre plans ban on Gardeners' World magazine after Monty Don attack on horticulture industry.
- Lockdown to 2 December set to close botanic gardens but garden centres can remain open.
- Brexit: Border Operating Model
- David Austin limits garden centre supply
- Top 50 garden TV presenters
- NFU's Ali Capper on AHDB, labour and Brexit
- RHS plans reduced visitor numbers Chelsea Flower Show
- HW survey finds post-Brexit alarm with 93% expecting plant price rises.
- Allotments: coronavirus crisis changes and more women allotmenteers
- Growers front end imports and won't issue post-Brexit prices