Amidst an increasingly candidate-driven jobs market, employer branding agency, Wonderful Workplaces, owned by Horticulture Week’s publisher, Haymarket Media Group, surveyed 841 candidates across multiple sectors, including a selection of horticulture candidates.
The 2019 Employer Branding Insights Report, which is now available to download for free, highlights the importance of employer brand and unlocks key recruitment and career insights.
88% of horticulture candidates consider employer brand
88% of horticulture candidates would consider an employer’s brand when applying for jobs, versus 94% of overall respondents. And 71% would consider applying for a vacancy, even if they’re not actively looking for a job, if it’s a ‘unique opportunity’.
However, according to nearly one-quarter (24%) of horticulture sector respondents, employers are not effectively communicating their employer brand effectively enough.
"The explosion of content and social media has meant that employers need to be more creative in their approach to targeting the talent they need to help their organisations succeed", says Jennifer Jackson, senior careers content editor for Wonderful Workplaces.
"Many organisations are missing a trick when it comes to attracting the right talent because they’re failing to communicate their values effectively."
Download your free copy of the report to find out:
- How do candidates find new roles and research employers?
- When do candidates search and apply for jobs?
- What are candidates looking for and what puts them off?
- How do candidates perceive Brexit and automation will impact on their career?
- What recruitment challenges are employers facing?
- Powerful statistics proving the importance of employer brand
- Top tips to help you go the extra mile to attract top talent