- Plan ahead: Draft an outline of what you want to get across before you start writing.
- Create a story: Judges like a clear narrative. Tell us Who, What, Where, Why & When.
- Don't ignore the fine print: Ensure you are covering all of the criteria for your category/ies. Keep to the maximum word count.
- Choose support material carefully. There is so much temptation to upload everything. Don't do it. Choose the best and most evocative stats, images and testimonials.
- Think like a judge. The judges might be reading anywhere from 15 to 20 submissions. Put yourself in their shoes before submitting a final draft. Make it an easy read with clear objectives.
- Submit on time to avoid a late penalty fee!
For more details of the Horticulture Week Custodian Awards, go to www.HorticultureWeek.co.uk/custodian-awards