Highway maintenance firm HY Highways published the opportunity which requires tree maintenance work on trees along highways in north Yorkshire from 1 June 2021 to 31 May 2025.
It asks that work be "completed to a high standard in accordance with arboriculture best practice and the relevant legal and Council requirements".
Contractors will be asked to "respond quickly and professionally to reports of dangerous trees on or near the highway" and carry out general management of trees on or near the highway.
Activities required include:
- emergency call-out provision (including outside of normal daily work hours and on weekends)
- consultancy and advisory services
- pruning and associated works
- dismantling and felling
- stump removal/grinding & treatment
The Framework will consist of four lots based on the following geographical areas:
• Lot 1 Highway Arboricultural services in the Hambleton & Richmondshire District Area
• Lot 2 Highway Arboricultural services in the Ryedale & Scarborough District Area
• Lot 3 Highway Arboricultural services in the Craven & Harrogate District Area
• Lot 4 Highway Arboricultural services in the Selby District Area
The deadline for expressions of interest is 29 March 2021.
Keep up with all the latest arboricultural, landscape and other tenders and sign up for HW's Tenders Tracker Bulletin - exclusive to HW subscribers.
To find out more on this and all the latest horticultural tenders, go to Horticulture Week's TENDERS TRACKER LIVE TABLE.