Boyd Douglas-Davies launched new initiatives for the event at the Garden Retail awards this week, including a celebrity garden quiz.
For more see Horticulture Week 4 November.
Ideas for Garden Re-Leaf day:
- Invite garden club members and customers to take part in the Celebrity garden Quiz
- Staff dress up in themed fancy dress and sell raffle tickets or run a tombola
- Cafe: Do a special fundraising lunch or perhaps a tea and talk
- Create gardens on a pallet and ask customers to vote for their favourite, with money!
- Run a Garden in a seed tray competition for kids and the public vote for their favourite by putting coins in a flower pot displayed by the tray
- Work with local schools to grow the ingredients for their own soup .Serve the soup in the summer and donate the proceeds to Greenfingers. Or launch a Queens Jubilee growing competition with them (The Sun are working with schools to grow Red, White and blue Fanfare petunias.
- Have mini- gardening Olympics
- Auction the boss and a team to spend a day working in a customers garden
- Run a Staff raffle...to win an extra days holiday
- Decorate the street with sponsored baskets ( Sinclair Horticulture are planning one )
- Auction a special gardening prize (Gardman are auctioning a Joe Swift garden design )
- Get your reps and staff out at garden centres to help them raise money
- Have a staff meeting and challenge them to come up with fun, fundraising ideas.
- Host a tea and talk
- Auction a VIP tour of the nursery
- Auction the boss and team to spend a day working in a garden
- Do something fun to grab the PR headlines and raise money too.
- Organise mass plantings, go for a record breaking number of seeds or bulbs planted in one day but get them sponsored so you raise money too.
For more information about Garden Re-Leaf day see www.gardenreleaf.co.uk