The key points for selling New Year, and ex-Christmas stock, are:
- *Clearly defined areas for clearance stock.
- *Good bright labelling with genuine offers.
- *The best-looking plants at the front.
- *Easy-to-spot bargains, clearly labelled.
- *No down-at-heel plants on display.
"While much of this may seem commonsense, it is amazing that past-their-best plants are still visible among clearance stock. Only display good-looking plants, and clearly show reductions in prices. Bright packaging and good labelling are two key areas which should be perfect to maximise sales.
"The plant supplier who does not correctly label items in a nursery or store is missing a sales opportunity. Plants are living products with a very seasonal and often short shelf-life. Eye-catching and colourful labels draw the customer in and help them make a purchasing choice."