The 2018 Horticulture Week Business Awards has been launched to meet the need for a truly business-focused and inclusive industry event that will highlight, support and drive forward the very best businesses across the entirety of the commercial horticulture industry – from landscape construction to plant production, garden retail, grounds maintenance, arboriculture, and more.
As well as categories specifically tailored for the retail, production, landscape and arboriculture sectors, the 2018 scheme includes a brand new suite of generic business categories open to everyone - and which celebrate outstanding achievement in areas such as growth, sustainability and innovation.
The benefits of taking part are better than ever with multiple opportunities for Horticulture Week Business Award winners to enjoy year-round promotion for their businesses.
These include an exclusive invitation to take part in Business Leaders’ Round Tables throughout the year, star billing in Horticulture Week’s online Business Leaders’ Gallery and a leading profile in the Horticulture Week Business Leaders’ Directory. In addition all shortlisted entrants will receive assistance with PR materials.
Winners will be announced and presented on 28th June at the Horticulture Week Business Awards Reception and Dinner to be held at the Marriot Hotel in London's Grosvenor Square – the biggest and most comprehensive gathering and celebration of the whole of the UK commercial horticulture industry.
Final Entry Deadline is 22nd March. For full details of categories, entry criteria and how to enter, please go to: www.horticultureweeklive.com/businessawards
Eight great reasons to enter
Winning a national Horticulture Week Business Award will provide you with:
1. A powerful selling point for your business, helping you to market to potential customers as best in class.
2. Industry recognition for your teams, providing you with a powerful staff motivational tool.
3. Membership of HW’s Business Leaders’ Board, made up of winners of HW Business Awards, providing you with an exclusive opportunity to participate in HW Business Leaders’ Round Tables throughout the year.
4. A permanent place in Horticulture Week’s Business Leaders’ Gallery online, ensuring lasting recognition for your achievements.
5. Multiple opportunities throughout the year to share your achievements on Horticulture Week’s print and digital platforms, enabling you to highlight your strengths to customers and peers.
6. Profile in Horticulture Week Business Leaders’ Directory, further enhancing your distinction as best in class and providing further opportunities to highlight your achievements
7. The opportunity to take part in the leading national awards event for the UK horticulture industry, where you will benefit from networking with the leading businesses in the industry.
8. An invitation to join the Horticulture Week judging panel for next year’s awards.
Garden Retail Categories
- Garden centre outlet of the year (small-to-medium)
- Garden centre outlet of the year (large)
- Garden centre outlet of the year (destination)
- Multiple garden retailer of the year
- Garden Product Innovation
- Best Garden Retail Event (sponsored by Solex)
- Community Engagement Award
- Best business refurbishment, refit or extension (multiple site operator)
- Best business refurbishment, refit or extension (single site operator)
- Catering excellence award
- Service Excellence Award - (sponsored by HTA)
- Retail sales team of the year Production/Grower Categories
- Wholesales nursery stock grower of the year (sponsored by ICL)
- Wholesale protected ornamentals grower of the year (sponsored by Sinclair)
- Specialist grower of the year — ornamentals
- Retail nursery of the year
- Best new ornamental plant variety (hardy nursery stock, herbacious perennial, bedding/pot plant)
- Top fruit grower of the year (apples, pears, stone fruit)
- Soft fruit grower of the year (berries, bush fruit)
- Specialist grower of the year (cider apples, vines etc)
- Salad or vegetable grower of the year
- Best new edible crop variety (fruit, vegetable, salad)
Landscape Business Categories (in association with World Architecture News)
- Landscape Contractor of the Year [Below £2m turnover]
- Landscape Contractor of the Year [Above £2m turnover]
- Landscape Contractor of the Year: Domestic
- Landscape Contractor of the Year: Commercial Housing
- Landscape Contractor of the Year: Commercial (non-housing)
- Landscape Contractor of the Year: Public/Third Sector
- Landscape Architect/Designer of the Year: [Below 6 staff]
- Landscape Architect/Designer of the Year: [Above 6 staff]
- Landscape Design of the Year: Domestic
- Landscape Design of the Year: Commercial Housing
- Landscape Design of the Year: Commercial (non-housing)
- Landscape Design of the Year: Public/Third Sector
- Grounds Maintenance Contractor of the Year [Below £2m turnover]
- Grounds Maintenance Contractor of the Year [Above £2m turnover]
- Grounds Maintenance Contractor of the Year: Domestic
- Grounds Maintenance Contractor of the Year: Commercial
Arboriculture Business Categories
- Arboriculture consultant of the year
- Arboriculture contractor of the year
General Business Categories
- Best sales or marketing initiative or campaign
- Business Innovation of the Year
- Consultant of the year
- Sustainable business of the year
- High growth business of the year
- New business of the year
- Employer of the year
- HW Most admired business leader Award
Sponsors & partners
Drinks Reception Sponsor
Become a Horticulture Week Business Awards Sponsor
The Horticulture Week Business Awards offers businesses multiple opportunities to engage with the professionals most important to them — not just on the day of the event but throughout the year. To hear more about the exciting opportunities on offer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.