The Garden Retail Summit 2017 is set to be the most exciting yet, bringing together garden retail's leading executives in this pivotal year for the industry's development.
Attendees at this year's event, brought to you by HorticultureWeek - the leading source of independent intelligence on the garden industry - will hear:
- Leading executives, from national chains to major independents, outline their vision for the future of their businesses - and the wider garden retail industry.
- A specially-convened Brexit panel examine how garden centre executives can manage the potential impact on their businesses of price increases in imported goods, changes in economic conditions, pressures on key supply chains and more.
- Insight into business opportunities arising in 2017 from:
- Fresh strategic approaches being implemented by a new cadre of corporate garden retail leaders.
- A confident independent sector investing in new builds and market leading centre developments on the back of two years of double-digit growth.
- Inspiring presentations and contributions on the future of the garden retail industry, emerging trends and best practice case studies
PLUS attendees will enjoy unrivalled peer-to peer networking and have the opportunity to share insights with leading executives from all parts of the garden industry.
The end result will be a day of inspiration, dialogue and debate around how industry players can ensure their businesses benefit from what will be a pivotal year.
Opening the Garden Retail Summit 2017 will be John Cleland, who was appointed by the new owners of Dobbies, Midlothian Capital Partners and Hattington Capital, as chief executive officer in July.
With 30 years' experience in retail, most recently as CEO of Maplin Electronics where he led the four-year repositioning of the business, Cleland will outline his vision for Dobbies as well as his views on the opportunities and challenges facing the garden retail sector.
Tamsin Ballantyne, email@example.com