This prestigious awards scheme - which returns to the fabulous Woburn Abbey on 27th June - honours the outstanding achievements of the professionals that make the UK’s parks and gardens the vital and vibrant places they are today, and to ensure those achievements are recognised by customers, clients and stakeholders.
Categories celebrate outstanding work across all areas of activity including restoration and redevelopment, on-going management and maintenance, partnership working, volunteer and community engagement, and more.
Top 5 benefits of entering the Horticulture Week Custodian Awards 2018:
- A powerful selling point for your garden, parks, estate or organisation (winner and finalist logos supplied), helping you to market to potential visitors.
- Industry recognition for your teams and volunteers, providing you with a powerful staff-motivational tool.
- Year-round opportunities for your achievements to be promoted on Horticulture Week’s print and digital platforms, enabling you to highlight your achievements to a 100,000-strong monthly audience passionate about horticulture.
- A permanent place in Horticulture Week’s Custodian Gallery, ensuring lasting recognition for your, and your team’s, achievements.
- The opportunity to take part in the leading national awards event for the UK parks and gardens industry, where you can network with leaders in your industry
Parks and grounds management
- Best urban park initiative
- Best urban parks team
- Best parks restoration/development project
- Best parks partnership - commercial (open to entries from contractors)
- Best parks partnership – third sector
- Best heritage park
- Best neighbourhood park
- Best grounds
- Best gardens or arboretum initiative
- Best gardens or arboretum team
- Best gardens restoration/development project
- Best gardens partnership (open to entries from contractors)
- Best gardens or arboretum (1-5 staff)
- Best gardens or arboretum (6+ staff)
- Best urban tree initiative
- Best tree team
- Best tree or woodland partnership (open to entries from contractors)
- Best volunteer initiative
- Best community initiative
- Best environmental initiative
- Best visitor initiative
- Horticulture Week custodian award
Awards Reception & Presentation
Winners will be presented once again at Woburn Abbey in Bedfordshire on Wednesday 27th June at a prestigious afternoon Awards Reception & Presentation.
Parks & Gardens Live 2018
The Custodian Awads Reception & Presentation will once again be co-located with Parks & Gardens Live, a show launched last year which provides professional gardeners, parks managers and landscape maintenance teams with an exciting mix of practical learning, mentoring, inspiration, knowledge sharing and networking - all curated by the UK's leading kit expert and HW technical editor, Sally Drury. Highlights of the day include product showcase tours and professional kit demonstrations led by Drury, while inspirational expert advisers and practitioners lead must-attend workshops.
To become a sponsor to the Custodian Awards, to exhibit at Parks & Gardens Live, or to partner both events, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you to the Professional Gardeners Guild, Parks Alliance, The Gardens Trust and the Professional Garden Consultants Association for their support for the Custodian Awards 2018 and Parks & Gardens Live in 2018.
Thank you to the Chartered Institute of Horticulture which will be media partner for the Custodian Awards and Parks & Gardens Live 2018.
Thank you to industry charity Perennial for becoming our charity partner for the Custodian Awards 2018 and Parks & Gardens Live in 2018.