The aim of the Meadows Renewal Project is to enrich a landscape for both local residents and wildlife that has been neglected for more than 20 years.
The scrubland, grassland and woodland areas have not been mown or coppiced other than in order to retain the public right of ways.
The contractor will be required to:
clear the grassland, improve and re-seed the ground, creating a large meadow over one third of the site. Expertise is required to ensure successful meadow creation using locally sourced seed mixes including native, local, hardy species suitable for local conditions. Also areas of shrub planting.
- improve the grassland and scrub not given over to meadow
- create a mown, lawned community space
- create of SUDs to manage drainage and improve biodiversity.
- upgrade the footpaths and creation of one major new footpath
- improve the eastern woodland path with expert care for the existing trees.
- install of seating (gabions built into the site)
The proposed contract period will begin 1July for approximately 12-16 weeks or as agreed with the successful contractor.
The deadline date for receipt of expressions of interest is 4 March 2024.
To find out more on this and all the latest horticultural tenders, go to HortWeek's TENDERS TRACKER LIVE TABLE.
Keep up with all the latest arboricultural, landscape, machinery, plants, trees and other tenders and sign up for HortWeek's Tenders Tracker Bulletin - exclusive to HortWeek subscribers.