The group says it has found that many people are confused when it comes to picking plants for their garden.
This is why as well as the traditional A-Z display of plants by name; it has introduced plant displays by colour.
Deputy chairman Sarah Squire said: "We have found that many customers simply don't know what type of plant they want in their garden, but they know that they'd like red flowers, or perhaps pink and white.
"Customers have said that our displays of plants by colour really makes it easy for them to select the right plant for their garden, and it also makes a fantastic display in the garden centre."
Squire's is making the following recommendations for its customers:
- For pink plants: Phlox "Early Pink" or Hydrangea "Macrophylla"
- Yellow: Coreopsis "Flying Saucers"
- White: Leucanthemum "Highland White Dream"
- Blue: Agapanthus Midnight Star or Hydrangea "Zorro"
- Orange: Crocosmia "Carmine Brilliant"
- Red: Penstemon "Firebird"