Two points on the back of the head cut through soil, meaning it can be used it in both directions, cutting weeding time in half.
The awards held for the second year running at the prestigious Celtic Manor Resort saw Eden Greenhouses win a GIMA Sword of Excellence Special Commendation for its Zero Threshold Birdlip Greenhouse.
GCA Supplier of the Year was won by Smart Garden Products. Judges praised its ability "to listen to what both retailers and consumers need, and to acting accordingly."
The Gardenex Export Achievement Award went to Eden Hall Greenhouses for its "well planned and executed strategy of overseas expansion"
A newly introduced PetQuip Export Achievement Award went to Beco Pets.
Garden Care winner was William Sinclair for The GrowQube and Growing, Planting Equipment and Sundries winner was PotatoPot with a design that means after harvesting the first new potatoes the plant will continue to produce new potatoes. It is distributed in the UK by Chelsea award winners, Agralan.
Garden Tools, Machinery and Implements went to Burgon & Ball for its Weed Slice while the Outdoor Leisure award was sone by Zest 4 Leisure for its visually striking Cheltenham Arbour.
Plants, Seeds and Bulbs winner was Mr Fothergill's Seeds for GroBox Gardens while the Garden Landscaping award went to Eden Hall Greenhouses fior Zero Threshold Birdlip Greenhouse.
The other main winners on the night were:
- Garden Clothing & Gifts - Burgon & Ball for Love the Glove
- Pet Care, Aquatics and Wild Bird Care Products - Gardman for Ernest Charles range of dog foods
- Garden Lighting, Water Features & Ornamentation – Smart Garden Products for Cornish Jar Lantern
- Best Point of Sale Material - Burgon & Ball for Love the Glove mobile display stand
- Best Consumer Product Packaging - Burgon & Ball for Essential Tools packaging
- Best Marketing Communication Award - Westland Horticulture for Resolva Liquid Shots launch campaign