Sixteen BALI representatives are taking part in the Three Peaks Challenge on July 16 in aid of Greenfingers, which is dedicated to creating magical gardens for children's hospices across the UK.
- Brian Herbert - Outdoor Options
- David Dodd - The Outdoor Room
- Richard Gardiner, BALI Chairman and Norris & Gardiner
- Matt O'Conner - John O'Conner (Grounds Maintenance)
- Mark Gregory and Matt Moore - Landform Consultants
- Paul Cowell and Anthony George - PC Landscapes
- Andy Spetch - British Sugar TOPSOIL
- Paul Downer - Oak View Landscapes
- Glynn Bawden, Samuel Day and Craig Tate-Grimes - Transform Landscapes
- Magda Ibrahim from Horticulture Week.
BALI's chairman Richard Gardiner said: "We're very excited to be taking part in this demanding challenge, which will include climbing Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon in 24 hours. In total 16 members are taking part and together we are hoping to raise £10,000 for Greenfingers, which was set up by members of the horticultural industry."
The Three Peaks Challenge involves climbing the three highest peaks in England, Wales and Scotland, within 24 hours: Snowdon in Wales, which is 1,085 metres high, Scafell Pike in England, 978 metres high and Ben Nevis in Scotland, 1,344 metres high.
Representing Greenfingers, Deborah Skillicorn said: "We're delighted members of BALI are taking part in the Three Peaks Challenge in aid of Greenfingers.
"We are a small charity committed to helping children in hospices and supporting their families, by creating magical gardens where siblings can play equally together. Support such as this is vital to our work.
"The Challenge sounds like it's going to be very testing and we wish everyone the best of luck for their adventure."
Greenfingers creates a variety of different gardens at children's hospices across the UK according to the hospices' individual requirements. The gardens are designed to help the children and their families and friends during a very emotional and difficult time.
Subscribe to Horticulture Week for more news, more in-depth features and more technical and market info.