The event will take place on 22-23 September and will include a tour of Hortipak’s head office in Kirbymoorside, North Yorkshire followed by a visit to Early Ornamentals facility in Thirsk.
Marketing committee chairman Ian Riggs said it was part of the group’s ongoing aim to rotate events and around the country and would provide an opportune moment to gain an insight into the label industry.
Riggs said: "The reason this is pertinent is because we have recently acquired the Home Grown label (from HDC). I’m not saying that Hortipak is doing everybody’s Home Grown labels but it is pertinent for growers to find out about the issues of that industry."
The programme for the event includes:
22 September Hortipak, Kirbymorrside, North Yorks
• 10.00 – 12.00: BPOA Marketing Committee Meeting (Committee members only)
• 12.00 – 12.30: BPOA Members arrive
• 12.30 – 13.00: Welcome & Lunch
• 13.00 – 13.30: Marketing Presentation & Discussion
• 13.30 – 15.00: Tour of Hortipak’s Design and Operational Facilities.
• 15.00 – 16.00: Coffee and finish.
23 September Early Ornamentals, Thirsk, North Yorks
• 09.30 – 10.00: Visit to Early Ornamentals.
• 11.30 – 12.00: Coffee and finish.
Discounted hotel rates have been arranged for members wishing to attend.To take advantage, please indicate on the RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01159 376355 by 31st August to confirm attendance.