The Ladywell Fields and Waterlink Parklands project is set to receive nearly £2million in funding from the London Development Agency.
£1.94 million will now be used to transform the central and southern parts of Ladywell Fields.
The main strands of work in Ladywell Fields that the Council would like to carry out are:
- Improving biodiversity and access to the river, including building a series of timber viewing platforms along the riverside
- Creation of a series of new wetland lakes including riverside planting, ponds, reed beds and wet grasslands
- New bridges will connect the river to increase use and access
- Work to existing and new entrances, to connect residential areas with the green space and adjacent town centres
- New lighting and street furniture
BDP will be carrying out consultation with local people on what they would like to see included in the landscape design.
London Borough of Lewisham's project manager Alison Taylor can be contacted on 020 8314 8758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.