‘Vogue’ is a contemporary garden that was inspired by designer Belinda Belt's passion for beautiful perfumes and fashion, and in particular the fashion designer Roberto Cavalli who was her muse during the design process.
She said: "The design resembles the set of a fashion show, with a feature wall, stage, and a catwalk-style walkway through the centre of the garden created in chic paving. For the planting I have chosen six stunning semi-mature trees, under-planted with elegant grasses threaded through with perennials."
Belt project-managed the garden’s construction, which was undertaken by BALI contractors Greenbelt Landscapes with assistance from Butler Landscapes, Turf n Earth and students from Myerscough College, Preston.
BALI Affiliate members supplied the following products:
- London Stone - All natural stone used in the design, including the main stone feature - one huge piece, 100mm thick, weighing over a ton and 'stencilled' with a water-cut flower design;
- Crowders Nurseries - Plants and six semi-mature trees;
- Landscapeplus - Mood and accent lighting bringing the garden to life as dusk falls. The central stone feature is highlighted and the canopy of each tree accentuated with up-lighters;
- Gordon Low Products –Pond and aquatic materials;
- Green-tech – Compost and mulches;
- Kilsaran UK - Render products;
- IOTA Garden & Home - Two chic, black planted troughs;
- Johnsons of Whixley - Additional nursery stock;
- Lindum Turf - Exhibition turf and lawn turf for edging the complete garden.