For its 19th year, the awards next year will have four new categories aimed at businesses with a lower turnover. It is also allowing probationary members to apply in two new categories.
There are three more new awards – The APL Associate of the Year, APL Affiliate Collaboration and Community Garden. The number of awards has gone up from 12 to 19.
In addition the APL has simplified its entry process and criteria to encourage more entries.
Gardens built between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2013 can be entered into the new categories.
APL chairman Mark Gregory said: "We really believe there is a category for every member of the APL in the new and improved categories no matter the size of type of business of project worked on."
He said the APL wanted to ensure the awards were as straightforward as possible.
"We've added a completely free preliminary entry stage where you email a few details of the project along with a couple of photos to us which the judges will look at and give feedback on."
Landscapers can complete the free of charge preliminary entry form at www.aplawards.co.uk and feedback from the judges will be emailed on or before June 2.
They then have until July 18 to submit full entries.
The Supreme Winner at the 2014 Awards, sponsored by Bradstone, was Stewart Landscape and Construction.
The full list of awards are:
• Projects under £15,000
• Projects over £15,000
Registered Members (turnover under £100,000 per year)
• Projects under £10,000
• Projects between £10,000 & £20,000
• Projects between £20,000 & £30,000
• Garden Feature (timber, paving, planting, walling, driveways, water features etc.)
Registered Members (turnover over £100,000 per year)
• Projects under £25,000
• Projects between £25,000 & £50,000
• Projects between £50,000 & £100,000
• Projects between £100,000 & £250,000
• Projects over £250,000
• Special Feature (bespoke structures, water features, special provisions for the disabled etc.)
All Registered Members
• Soft Landscaping
• Hard Landscaping
• Overall design & build (in house design)
• Community Garden (schools, playgrounds, hospices, community areas etc.)
• APL Rising Star Award (formerly Young Achiever - entrant must be under 25 and nominated by their employer – limited to one entry per company)
• APL Affiliate Collaboration Award (APL Affiliate Member working with an APL Registered Member)
• APL Associate of the Year (commitment to working with APL members – judged by the APL Committee)