Among the measures that could affect horticultural companies are:
- A pledge to increase by 15% the proportion of central government contracts that go to small businesses
- 80% of government invoices will be paid within five days
- Business rates cut for one year from October which will lead to 345,000 small businesses paying no business rates
- A doubling of the annual investment allowance to £100,000 meaning 99% of businesses will be able to deduct all investment in machinery.
- An increase in the entrepreneurs' tax threshold to £2 million.