Today sees the launch of the UK Grower Awards 2017 and the start of a brand new campaign to find the very best examples of production practice across the key ornamental, fruit and vegetable crop categories.
The launch arrives at a time when the need to shout about the achievements and contribution of UK horticulture - and production businesses in particular - has never been greater as representatives lobby for the very best possible arrangements, post-Brexit, for the industry.
The UK Grower Awards provide an exceptional opportunity for growers and their key partners in the supply chain to showcase their achievements, innovation and success to both existing and potential customers - and reward their teams for their work throughout the year.
They can be used as a powerful tool to support key business objectives whether through raising the profile of a new product offering for customers or simply the encouragement of success throughout the business.
Hosted by leading industry title Horticulture Week, winners can look forward to their successes being promoted across the brand's digital, social and print outlets, reaching an audience of 100,000 unique individuals every month.
Once again this year the awards will include an expanded range of categories for the fruit sector in collaboration with the Fruit Focus exhibition. Meanwhile, following their successful introduction last year, categories for growers of specialist crops will feature again this year across the fruit, vegetable and ornamental sectors.
New for this year, we are introducing exciting new Fresh Produce Retail Champion Award categories to highlight the best examples of retailers working to boost fresh produce and developing and growing UK lines.
Press and publicity help
Also new this year, all awards finalists will receive a Finalist Press Kit/Media Pack, which includes:
- Press release for you to use in your marketing/communications activities
- Finalist logo to include on all print and digital marketing/communication
- The same kit will automatically be sent to relevant press on your behalf
In addition to their winners' trophy, all winners from each category will receive a Winner Press Kit/Media Pack, which includes:
- Press release for you to use in your marketing/communication activities
- Winner logo to include on all print and digital marketing/communications
- The same kit will automatically be sent to relevant press on your behalf, detailing your achievements
- Top/Stone Fruit Grower of the Year
- Soft-Fruit Grower of the Year
- Grower of the Year: Cider
- Grower of the Year: Viticulture
- Specialist Fruit Grower of the Year
- Protected Ornamentals Grower of the Year
- Nursery Stock Grower of the Year
- Specialist Ornamentals Grower of the Year
- Salad Grower of the Year
- Vegetable Grower of the Year
- Potato Grower of the Year
- Young Grower of the Year
- Best New Variety: Top/Soft Fruit
- Best New Variety: Bedding & Pot Plants
- Best New Variety: Herbaceous Perennials
- Best New Variety: Hardy Nursery Stock
- Best New Variety: Vegetable/Salad
- Best Professional Product or Service
- Best Consumer Marketing Campaign
- Best Agronomist
- Best Business Innovation
- Best Environmental Initiative
- Outstanding Contribution to Industry
- Top Sales or Marketing Professional
- Best Production Manager
- Lifetime Achievement Award
NEW! - Fresh Produce Retail Champion/Supermarket
NEW! - Fresh Produce Retailer Champion/Independent Retailer
Geoff Caesar Managing director, Bransford Webbs - 2016 WINNER
"These awards are gratefully received as recognition of the incredible commitment and dedication by everyone at Bransford Webbs - all the team have made a huge contribution to the success of the business"
John Thatcher Thatchers Cider - 2015 WINNER
"Winning two awards gave a huge boost to our team and is a high accolade. The win demonstrated to all of us that the hard work that goes in on a day-to-day basis is all worth it, especially when put under the spotlight and recognised in this way"
HOW TO ENTER
Should you have any questions about your entry or the entry process, please email UK Grower Awards manager Kate Collins at email@example.com.
Awards night: 23 February 2017
For enquiries about sponsorship, please contact Tim Lomas on 020 8267 4847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.