SoilsCon 2016, to be held on 5 October in Henley, will focus on the common problems that occur and the mistakes made across the industry with regards to soil use. The talks are intended to provide up-to-date knowledge, practical ideas and solutions in the areas of soil management, selection, specification, manufacture, contamination and analysis.
- Soil compaction – the biggest issue with landscape soils by Tim O’Hare, principal, Tim O’Hare Associates.
- Tree root and soil systems – what is going on beneath our feet? by Luke Fay, managing director and senior arboricultural consultant, Treework Environmental Practice.
- Designing with soils by Andy Sturgeon, principal, Andy Sturgeon Design
- Understanding manufactured topsoil by Andy Spetch, national TOPSOIL manager, British Sugar TOPSOIL.
- Contaminated land – clean cover systems by Richard Brinkworth, director, Leap Environmental
- Wildflower grasslands – a soil scientist’s perspective, by Tim White, senior associate, Tim O’Hare Associates.
- Maintaining the landscape from the roots up by Alistair Bayford, regional operations director – strategic business, The Landscape Group, using case studies such as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and Jubilee Park.