The events will give growers the opportunity to ask merchants and experts from PGRO and Syngenta questions about peas and beans.
Topics covered will include:
- World protein supply - can growers keep up with demand?
- Variety top tips for the spring.
- Agronomy blueprint to help growers optimise yield and quality.
- Fungicide options - what diseases are key to control? What products are available? How often should growers spray?
- Insecticide options for aphids, moths and bruchid.
- Which weeds pose the biggest threat to growers' returns?
- Key products for 2011.
PGRO chief executive Salvador Potter said: "We are starting 2011 with a very positive message for current and potential pulse growers by holding this series of technical events."
The roadshows will take place at venues around the UK, starting in York on 17 January and ending in Berwick on Tweed on 2 March.Attendance is free of charge.
- For full details of dates and venues, see www.pgro.org/about-us/diary-events/160-briefings.html.