- The future of place-making: The conference will open with a keynote speech by Dr Hugh Ellis, Head of Policy at the TCPA, providing a post-election analysis of planning and place-making.
- Delivering social and affordable housing today: The first big debate of the day will ask how we can provide the right houses in the right place for the right price and the right people. How will the poorly paid, those on benefits, the elderly and those in need be guaranteed housing in places that are environmentally sound, accessible and resilient?
- Creating a low-carbon future: Following lunch, leading experts will discuss how to transform our energy supply by drawing on best-practice approaches from Sweden. Speakers will discuss how integrated approaches to land use and energy planning can help to deliver a sustainable future.
- Creating climate-resilient communities: The final debate of the day will look at how our towns and cities can plan to adapt to climate change.
- Steve Quartermain CBE, Chief Planner, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Dr Hugh Ellis, Head of Policy, TCPA
- Robert Shaw, Director of Sustainability and Climate Change, LDA Design
- Professor Ulf Ranhagen, FFS – Swedish Society for Town and Country Planning, Sweden
- David Thompson, Senior Analyst – Adaptation, Committee on Climate Change
- Councillor John Owen, Deputy Cabinet Member for Highways, Transport and Infrastructure & Sustainability Champion, Derbyshire County Council
- Ece Ozdemiroglu, Director, Eftec
As well as LDA Design, the conference is sponsored by the SPECIAL (Spatial Planning for Energy and Communities in all Landscapes) project.
See the TCPA website for further details.