Squire’s Garden Centres have announced their charities of the year for 2015/2016. Staff at each of Squire’s garden centres across the South East chose a local charity that they wanted to support. Each garden centre will raise awareness of their chosen charity through their marketing material, along with ongoing fundraising from events and collection boxes. All donations from the public will go directly to the charity.
Squires deputy chairman Sarah Squire said: "We’re delighted to announce our ‘Charities of the Year’, which were chosen by our staff because they are passionate about supporting the local community. We hope to be able to donate a generous amount throughout the year - with thanks to our customers - and to support our selected charities on specific projects through the sharing of our time, skills and expertise."
Squire’s first big charity fundraiser is its free Christmas Grotto (at selected centres). Children can visit Santa in his frotto and receive a present, free of charge. Squire’s ask that customers make a donation in a collection bucket in the grotto to the centre's chosen charity.
- Squire’s Badshot Lea – The Woodlarks Centre (Farnham)
- Squire’s Cobham – The Royal Surrey County Hospital (Guildford)
- Squire’s Crawley – Chestnut Tree House (Arundel)
- Squire’s Hersham – Carer Support Elmbridge (Elmbridge)
- Squire’s Long Ditton – Momentum: St. Peter’s & Kingston Hospital
- Squire’s Milford – Jigsaw (Dunsfold)
- Squire’s Reigate – The Children’s Trust (Tadworth)
- Squire’s Shepperton – Shooting Star Chase (Guildford)
- Squire’s Stanmore – Michael Sobell Hospice (Northwood)
- Squire’s Twickenham – Homelink Respite Centre (Whitton)
- Squire’s Washington – St Barnabas House (Worthing)
- Squire’s West Horsley – Cherry Trees (East Clandon)
- Squire’s Windsor – Thames Hospice (Windsor & Ascot)
- Squire’s Woking – The Woking & Sam Beare Hospice (Woking)