The regional In Bloom awards are part of the wider RHS Britain in Bloom competition. Over 1,600 communities take part in the regional campaigns, and are assessed for their efforts in the areas of horticultural achievement, community participation and environmental responsibility. Those that do well at this level may be selected to take part in the RHS Britain in Bloom finals.
Awards received by Quadron's clients this year include:
- Five London in Bloom Gold and four Silver Gilt Awards for parks in the London Borough of Kensington in Chelsea, with the Borough overall being awarded Gold, as well as receiving the London in Bloom Biodiversity Award;
- Silver for the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames in London in Bloom;
- Gold for Birmingham in Heart of England in Bloom, and finalist in Britain in Bloom;
- Gold and best in the Small City category for Loughborough in East Midlands in Bloom, as well as a special Judges' Award in recognition of the numerous Loughborough in Bloom community groups working across the city to support the In Bloom campaign;
- Silver Gilt for Wokingham in Thames and Chiltern in Bloom for the third consecutive year, and named best in region; and
- Silver Gilt and Pride of Place award for Kidlington Parish Council in Thames and Chiltern in Bloom.
Quadron's managing director Clive Ivil said: "Quadron is an enthusiastic supporter of the In Bloom awards, and we are pleased to see our clients' continued success in this year's regional competitions. Our contract teams work closely with many of the community groups involved with the In Bloom preparations and it is always rewarding to see the enthusiasm and hard work that goes into the preparations for judging, and the sense of achievement when the results are revealed.
"This year's results are well-deserved and testament to the dedication of Britain's communities in keeping their areas blooming."