Some of the insights from the report include:
• Moonpig is top of the market in terms of visibility, according to Search Metrics data.
• Serenata Flowers, Waitrose Flowers and Flower Station have all seen some impressive results this year.
• Interflora has dropped in visibility year on year. However, it is showing potential in short term opportunity, given the number of keywords on pages 2 and 3 of Google.
• The market leaders in terms of their rate of link acquisition is 1-800 Flowers.
• Due to its low domain authority and organic visibility, Bloom and Wild could be labelled as underperforming. Other underperforming sites include Petalon, From You Flowers and MyFlorist.
The report said: "Over the five years to 2017, IBISWorld expects total industry revenue to fall at a compound annual rate of 2.4% to total an estimated £1.1 billion in the current year.
In 2016-17, revenue generated by the industry is expected to increase by 0.1% as some key drivers of growth improve, including online spending. With the market fluctuating and competition at an all-time high, it is important now more than ever for companies to solidify their positions within the search engines."