Nick Davies replaced by former Gardman chief Mark Pearson at Solus
By Matthew Appleby Thursday, 28 November 2013
Nick Davies has left Solus Garden & Leisure, to be replaced by Mark Pearson, former Gardman chief executive.
Company founder Simon Yealland remains as chairman.
Davies resigned from the company and is leaving in January 2014 to start up a new business. He denied he was leaving only last week.
Commercial director Ross Yealland said: "I am delighted that Mark has joined Solus. He brings with him a wealth of experience in the UK and international gardening industry, and joins us at a time when we are making a number of strategic investments to drive the business of our customers, our branded distribution partners and Solus own brands.
Simon Yealland added: "Nick Davies has made a significant contribution to Solus in the 29 years since he joined the company, and he leaves with our thanks and best wishes for the future."
Latest stories from Horticulture Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Nursery Supervisor Griffin Nurseries 20-25k, Hampshire / Liphook, Hampshire
- HEAD GARDENER REQUIRED - COTSWOLDS Knight Frank £28,000 - £30,000 no accommodation, Gloucestershire / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire / Northleach, Gloucestershire
- Contract Supervisor Lowther Forestry Group Ltd Attractive salary, vehicle and benefits package, South East England / South West England
- Project Manager National Trust £20,401 per annum plus benefits, Norwich, Norfolk
- Technical Leader MorePeople Dependent on Experience, East of England
GARDEN RETAIL TOP 100 PROFILE: How Coolings in Kent has built up its reputation
PLANT FOCUS: Ligularia
PEST & DISEASE FACTSHEET: Spider mites
UK GROWER AWARDS 2015: Entries now open