Spruzit insecticide made available in different pack sizes
Friday, 14 May 2010
Broad spectrum insecticide Spruzit, active against biting and sucking pests, will soon be available in two new pack sizes - three and 10 litres replacing the current "one size fits all" five-litre container.
The smaller three-litre packs are aimed at the protected crops sector, allowing 0.25-0.5ha to be treated per pack dependent on the use rate, while the 10-litre pack is designed for use on outdoor broad acre crops.
Certis marketing manager Robert Lidstone said: "Following the approval of Spruzit for use through tractor-mounted hydraulic sprayers, broad acre outdoor applications are now a practical option for growers of fruit and vegetable crops. Having looked at the needs of both the protected and outdoor sectors, we concluded that each required a different pack size."
Spruzit contains naturally derived pyrethrins and oils in a formulation that targets the insects' nervous system.
It targets a range of pests including caterpillars, aphids, spider mites, mealy bugs and whitefly at the egg, larval and adult stages.
Latest stories from Horticulture Week
- Waitrose begins stocking English plums in July
- Crackdown on off-road vehicles under way in Welsh woodlands
- Council revisits scrapped park cafe plan following pressure from local campaigners
- Glendale completes Birmingham sensory garden
- William Sinclair reveals integrated professional and retail products sales team
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Nursery Supervisor Griffin Nurseries 20-25k, Hampshire / Liphook, Hampshire
- HEAD GARDENER REQUIRED - COTSWOLDS Knight Frank £28,000 - £30,000 no accommodation, Gloucestershire / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire / Northleach, Gloucestershire
- Contract Supervisor Lowther Forestry Group Ltd Attractive salary, vehicle and benefits package, South East England / South West England
- Mobile Gardener, West Commonwealth War Graves Commission £19,800 per annum on entry plus travelling allowances, generous leave and pension scheme , Monmouthshire (Sir Fynwy) / Cardiff, Cardiff (Caerdydd) / Beachley, Monmouthshire (Sir Fynwy)
- Assistant Estimator (K004) Horticruitment TBC, Chichester, West Sussex
GARDEN RETAIL TOP 100 PROFILE: How Coolings in Kent has built up its reputation
PLANT FOCUS: Ligularia
PEST & DISEASE FACTSHEET: Spider mites
UK GROWER AWARDS 2015: Entries now open