RHS Wisley curator Colin Crosbie said: "Autumn is an exciting and important time in the growing calendar, when all the hard work of gardeners comes to fruition.
"We are celebrating this at all our gardens with the Grow Your Own Autumn Festival. Visitors can come along and enjoy delicious locally grown produce and take some tips for growing their own food at home."
|RHS Garden Wisley (17-21 October)
• Taste some of the 20 different varieties of apples on display from the garden's orchard.
• Watch cookery demonstrations with Chef Peter Osborne.
• Browse the food and drink stalls selling everything from chocolates and breads to sausages and sauces.
• TV gardener James Wong will be talking about and signing his new book James Wong's Homegrown Revolution on Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 October at 1pm.
• Gardeners' Question Time panelist Pippa Greenwood will talk about vegetable growing on Friday 19, Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 October at 1pm.
• Garden designer Cleve West will be sharing his allotment gardening experiences at 11.30am and 2.30pm on Saturday 20 October.
• There will be grow-your-own advice, fruit identification and family fun at the weekend.
• Mr Fothergill's will be offering a free gift bag to children taking part in the cookery demo at the weekend
|RHS Garden Harlow Carr (20-21 October)
• Watch professional chef Lionel Strub perform cookery demonstrations in the outdoor wood-burning oven and fire pit, using freshly picked seasonal items from the garden.
• Get gardening advice and information from RHS experts and other local producers.
• Discover the range of interesting displays from local crafters, wood turners and willow weavers.
• The Northern Fruit Group and The Mid-Yorkshire Fungus Group will show their annual displays and will be on hand to identify any unusual specimens.
|RHS Garden Hyde Hall (20-21 October)
• Feast on the colourful displays of fruit, vegetables and local produce such as fudge, jams, pies and chutney.
• See traditional country crafts including woodcarving.
• Children can enjoy a mini farm and take part in longest apple-peeling challenge, apple-tasting and craft activities.
• The Lily Group will be holding a bulb auction.
|RHS Garden Rosemoor (20-21 October)
• Get ready for Halloween by carving pumpkin lanterns, have a go at the pumpkin shy and follow the Pumpkin Trail around the garden.
• Learn how to cook delicious autumn pumpkin dishes.
• Watch woodcraft demonstrations, including basket making, spoon whittling, wood turning and carving.